4/05/2007

Im a fish out of water

ohh boy do I ever feel like I'm gonna cry right now. I dont know why, but I'm soo confused, as if I'm a fish who is out of it's fishbowl.

I was given a project in class to write the news at 4pm on WRST and I'm lost. I "think" i have articles that are newsworthy for the four o'clock news but its almost seems like I'm copying straight from them. Why? I have no clue. Almost seems like I'm afraid of something.

We're required to put in "sound-bytes" into the articles, and I have no idea where to start. I do kinda know how to use the "getner(sp?)" (the thing u record telephone conversations with) Perhaps I'm just worried about calling the person and getting denied of a quote, thus leaving my article incomplete.

Was I suppose to reserve the editing room ahead of time so that I can get these quotes? Ugh, probably so. Only wish i had a partner, especially if this is the first time I've been exposed to a situation like this (in a broadcast news setting)

Like they always say, "Two heads are better than one."