3/05/2007

Low Battery

I realize how it's important to have a working cell phone over the weekend. This past weekend, my phone barely had enough juice to survive a full conversation with somebody. I was able to make a connection, but for a meaningful conversation... not a chance. Anyways to start the weekend off several friends and I danced the night away at club underground. It was fun when the DJ played tracks that I knew but c'mon there were some songs the DJ played that were I thought were dumb and undanceable in my experience. Nothing really excited happen on Saturday, except for world of warcraft! Gee how I can get so into the game on weekend. I seem to accomplish quite a bit during my adventures into instances and the miraculous battles that are fought over gear that is better than what you have equipped.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&n=Zaurak

Enough WoW talk, that night or the morning of Sunday was my first radio show! Oh was I ever so excited, except that the show was 2am to 4am. The time sure did suck, but It was fun selecting tracks I thought were good for my show. The name of my show is, "BeatByte" and it airs on 90.3 WRST, Sunday Mornings from 2 o'clock in the morning to 4 o'clock. I hope as I acquire more air time with this show, the time will be broadcasted at a different time.

The show had to come to an end, but like any other week, "Beat Byte" will be back, playing more electric (techno/trance/dance/etc..) music to the public.

Overall, the weekend was great. Did some laundry, including something I rarely do after when its done: fold the laundry. I finally cleaned up my part of my room which actually was good. Paul who is going to be our fourth roomate for my upcoming lease stopped by. He came early which I didnt expect. (I was still playing WoW and he came up to my room for a bit and waited till I finished (i'm glad i cleaned up, wouldn't ya agree?)) I showed him a similar apartment to which we were going to move in and I think he was pleased with what he saw. Showed him around town and found him some places to consider applying for (Target, Pick'N'Save; places where I'm almost thinking of applying for another job)

Doing BeatByte with Nicole really made my day yesterday, it makes me confident with my choosing of a Radio/TV/Film major here at oshkosh and some day I may become either a radio DJ, or a television producer. Which reminds me, my professor is making us do an essay on, "What I want to be doing 10 years from now for a career" and "What job will lead me into this." My reaction to this assignment was a simple sigh. (geez not another assignment from him) But the more I thought about it, It's probably for the best. By March 25th he wants us to have 10+ (more the better) names and mailing addresses of people who hold these positions so that we can write letters to these people. Ohh my, how am I going to get 10+ names and addresses of these people? Perhaps he'll tell us of some ways in class sometime soon.

I've spoken too much, time for me to stop.