3/08/2007

in a state of trance.

So I'm suppose to be working an hour ago, but the manager told me that I was schedule for 12pm-1pm. What pissed me off the most was that since the start of the semester my schedule has been tailored to perfection by the other helpdesk manager. So instead of walking back home to where I was just at when I left for work, I end up at a computer lab for the next two hours.


So pretty much I'm here doing nothing but writing my blog and listening to some trance music. Trance music seems to put myself in a state of relaxation. I dunno why, but it's just too comforting. The only downfall to using a computer on campus at noon is the lab starts lag and my trance experience is completely ruined to people who don't know where the stapler or the bathroom is. But the good thing is that Realplayer, (of all the mp3 players academic computing chose) has a feature where you can rewind to what you were listening to 45 minutes ago)
So my trance experience hasn''t been completely ruined.


Ohh that reminds me, this thursday (today... duh!) is Armin Van Burren's show, "A State of Trance" on Digitally Imported Radio (http://www.di.fm) from 1pm-3pm. I dunno if I'll get time to tune in, but I haven't listened to that show since his 250th episode! Maybe I sneak in my headphones at work and listen in for a few! ;)