3/26/2007

Dimension: WOW

Geez it almost feels like I've been in another dimension. It's just been too different. I haven't updated my blog as much as I wanted to last week and I've noticed that I've been playing way too much WoW. I guess it shows that playing world of warcraft puts you into a different dimension other than the real life. :|

I find that when I play the WoW, it puts the stresses of RL off to the side and allows me to focus on my second life, "Zaurak - 70 Gnome Mage" (although I wish Nicole and Nate would transfer to Eldre'Thalas, but they think PvP is the way to go) But I find that I've been playing way to much. Enough to make me play all night and not wake up at my desirable time. I just hope that my WoW addiction doesn't allow me to forget any bills that I have to pay, which may have an impact on me financially.

On the way back to Oshkosh, I was reading the sunday's newspaper and found some interesting things. Hasbro has annouced that it is relasing a 20-minute verison of it's popular real-estate game, "Monopoly." How the heck can u play a 20 minute monopoly game? From what I remember the best part to playing monopoly was seeing your empire grow and to enhance your business skills. But 20 minutes? The article mentioned that "Monoply Express" allows players to roll the dice, collect properties, earn points and roll for houses and hotels. Bankers will be disappointed, because no money is involved in this version of the game. I honestly don't see how this can be a sell for Monopoly. I'd rather play "Settlers" than this.

Monopoly Express
$12.99, ages 8 and up, 2 to 4 players, scheduled to be available in July 2007

Designed to be played in 20 minutes, Monopoly Express also promises the feel of the original Monopoly game. A press release from Hasbro described the game this way: "Roll the dice to collect the most property. Complete the groups to earn big points, then roll for houses or a hotel. But don't be too greedy or you might go to jail."

It looks like there are at least four different kinds of dice, and there are 11 dice visible in this photo. There's also a score pad, some houses, and the game's travel case. The text on the case reads, "Roll the dice to collect the most property."

I've also read an interesting horoscope, which I do hope comes true. =)

"Don't fret if you haven't been in much of an interesting romantic cycle lately, because Dan Cupid is likely to begin making up for lost time. You may start to see the first signs."

Now isn't that an interesting horoscope. That's staying in my wallet for a bit. ;) Anyways, I'm feeling good now that I blogged (thanks Nicole!)