4/10/2007

medications

9:40am - arrival at the Health Center
10:00am - finished the 2 questionnaires that dealt with my appointment
10:10am - finally got called by a nurse to be placed in a room
*-_-* sat in room for a good 30-40 minutes minding my own business, waiting for the doctor.
Things I did to accompany myself were: Rustling with the paper sheets with my feet and produced a sound that synchronized with the movement of my feet, WHILE staring at a frog with wings.
10:45am - doctor Swanson finally came in. (gee golly i was bored out of my mind, somehow I wondered if there was a camera watching my every movement. But i knew there wasn't. Still it would have been funny to recap those 30-40 minutes of sheer boredom.

Apparently the doctor had not discussed the situation with Kim, the counselor. Yikes, one would of thought that a week and a few days would have been enough time to talk about over the phone for a brief amount of time.

Medications will be the treatment, yet it's not as cheap as you may think it is. Adderal XR (12 hour) costs $150 per month, without insurance and $20-$30 per month with insurance. If no insurance fits the policy (God I hope I get insurance) then there is the "generic" brands. By Generic I mean, talking more than one pill a day, which can be god-awful hard for people with ADHD, like myself. It's cheaper in the long run but gosh, lets pray that I don't have to take that route.

My so called, "next appointment" has be scheduled for Thursday at 3:30pm. But something tells me that I'm going tommrrow some time. The doctor even sayd that I should/try to schedule and appointment for tommrrow, but there were no openings due to Dr. Swanson being on "walk-in" duty for most of the day. I think I'm going to go during those time and rather than the scheduled appointment.

I just hope that the medication that I will (as the doctor says) get, will help me out with alot of things going on in my life. Especially my academics. The end of the semester (finals week) is gonna come by so fast and I hope I'm prepared. Perhaps I need to purchase a PDA/Palm Pilot to better organize my things to do, and my schedule. Only thing is, what brand, and how much I'm willing to fork over for this investment. I guess that will be determined later. Fo